Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 50 acres I can plant but water is slightly limited.I do have a spring thats puts out about 1,000 - 2,000 gallons a day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 50 acres I can plant but water is slightly limited.I do have a spring thats puts out about 1,000 - 2,000 gallons a day.
Depending geographically where you live will dictate which species and or cultivars will grow well for you. Lavendula angustifolia cultivars perform well in zones 4b to 7 if you live in a warmer part of the country consider Lavendula stoechas commonly called Spanish lavender. Both species prefer a well drained, slightly alkaline soil, feed modestly with a low nitrogen fertilizer and shear heavily after blooming to encourage strong basal shoot development. Hope this helps

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending geographically where you live will dictate which species and or cultivars will grow well for you. Lavendula angustifolia cultivars perform well in zones 4b to 7 if you live in a warmer part of the country consider Lavendula stoechas commonly called Spanish lavender. Both species prefer a well drained, slightly alkaline soil, feed modestly with a low nitrogen fertilizer and shear heavily after blooming to encourage strong basal shoot development. Hope this helps
Thanks, I'm in far northern California at about 3,000 feet elevation. I'll check out my zone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts