Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Have anyone of you heard about something called “Caspian Solution” which works on accelerating the growth of hives and help in disease control??!! I have came across this product when I was looking for a way or a method to follow to increase my hives population and make them strong! The following link takes you to a pdf file that requires this solution, http://www.caspianapiaries.com/info/recipegrowth.pdf. This site has presented a document titled with “Increasing from 100 to 1,000 Hives in Three Months full
I looked for that product on the internet, but there was no success, so I thought to ask if any of you have heard of it, or -even better- have used??!!

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Sounds like the miracle tonic that'll clean anything, give you a great love life, smells great and cures your asthma too. :no:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The math is perhaps a bit creative, but not if you use his stock. As far as a cleaning agent it's great for AFB and EFB. On the love life side the royal jelly component in the Caspian solution does increase sexual stamina. Will it improve your love life? I dunno. Can't say anything about the asthma.

I've used a lot of it and continue to do so. 3 frames of bees with a laying queen will go to 2 boxes full in 2 months. The area needs to be relatively good in terms of pollen otherwise it won't happen.

Short of using this product in order to make colonies strong, burn some diesel or gasoline and move your hives to a honey flow or feed them generously. It's simple but if you don't want to move them or cannot or will not feed them then accept what you have and enjoy your bees.

Jean-Marc

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Daddy's girl:

I'm not sure what you are talking about being toxic to bees. In Caspian solution, you mix honey , pollen and sugar syrup . The active ingredients that he sells are royal jelly and pheromone. Nothing toxic to bees. Medications can be added as in antibiotics or fumidil-b.

Jean-Marc

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Would like to try this on my 1 hive of small cell bees. Problem is that this procedure requires full drawn comb to start off. I don't have any extra comb at this time. Maybe after the nectar flow ends.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The site says they routinely ship around western Canada and that it ships frozen. I don't know if that means they don't ship outside of Canada.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Does anyone have any research or experience to suggest that the feeding of pollen and royal jelly in a syrup mixture is superior to just feeding syrup and a pollen patty? Tim

·
Registered
574 Posts
Does anyone have any research or experience to suggest that the feeding of pollen and royal jelly in a syrup mixture is superior to just feeding syrup and a pollen patty? Tim
Patties in the South are a recipe for SHB overrun... so if it's being looked at that way by southern beekeepers, there's a clear advantage. Of course I get where you're going with that, and realize that he's not a southern beek either... so that would be interresting to find out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts