Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you call the waxy gunk that you skim off the top of the settling tank/bucket? Is there an official, pretty sounding name for this stuff?

I've got a couple of allery suffers at work that keep asking me for this stuff. I've just been giving it away in small mason jars but am thinking I should be labelling it because one of them though that was what creamed honey was.

I was thinking of calling it something like:
  • beewax honey
  • honey-wax
  • puréed honey comb
  • really, really raw honey
  • that honey gunk from the top of the settling tank

I would guess that in terms of storage, it should require the same conditions and have the same longevity as cut-comb?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts