Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super stoked my wife bought me a thermal camera!
The nurses at work got me a branding iron for my hives. Pretty awesome Christmas goodies for me!

What did the rest of you lot get ???

·
Registered
403 Posts
The resident Beek got a few fun beekeeping related things from Santa...

Beekeeper Barbie

Bee themed holiday shirt

A laser cut honeycomb themed jewelry stand

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I asked my wife for a Beekeeper Barbie...really thought she was going to get me one.:( jealousy issues? Oh well, ordered 10 deeps from Kelly which got here Cristmas eve so all is good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got myself a Flir One. She wrapped it and put the box under the tree. She gave up on trying to buy my toys years ago!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I got a vented jacket (is is going to make working in the summer so much nicer), a table lamp with honeycomb cutouts, some nice pictures, a bee mug, and some jar labels.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Different brand FLIR that has better reviews than a flir. (Bigger screen, higher res.) Wife found it on Amazon lightning deal for a lot cheaper. They sold out super quick. Checked a couple of nucs in the yard with it, and I'm happy. I do a lot of cutouts, so it will come in handy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I asked my wife for a Beekeeper Barbie...really thought she was going to get me one.:( jealousy issues?
There weren't a lot of them available when I ordered for my resident Beek...and trust me, you don't want Barbie's veil... :D :D :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bought my own gift. Needed a higher megapixel camera for my bee work. :) Old D-300 just wasn't making it. Been saving up my credit card points for 20 years or so. Points payed for it. D-810. OMG, the resolution is blowing me away. Fun!
Dude!! Great choice for a camera body. D300 is an excellent pro body camera, but very long in the tooth at this point, so moving up to something more current opens up a lot of capability for you, and not just in pixels. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
sliding compound miter saw. I wondered why hubby didn't mind much when I wanted to get it black Friday weekend. On Christmas he told me he planned to get me some tools, but I beat him to it when I said I wanted that for Christmas. Took the guess work out of it for him. win-win :) My Dad looked at me funny last Mother's day when I said it was my chance to get a new tool. So much better than some useless trinket or bling bling that will rarely if ever get worn.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got a kitchen hand towel with bees on it and I got a TABLE SAW!! Now i can start really making the stuff I need like bottom boards, inner covers, outer covers, double screened board, etc. Already made a bunch of spacers for feeding sugar blocks. I'm stoked!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts