Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been so bored this winter i have been constructing hives and such, however, that is just hours and hours of nailing. IM starting to become so anxious that i had a dream last night that i saw a swarm in my back yard but it turned out to be wasps. Is their anything else i can be doing? also merry christmas everyone.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
> Is their anything else i can be doing?

Yes, now start cutting your own frames. That should keep you out of trouble.

Happy Holidays!

Wayne

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
If you really get desperate, a good book works.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think we need to take a look at that dream again. :lookout: What is your sub-conscious mind REALLY trying to tell you? Perhaps your are looking to the bees to fill a void in your life which your mind, deep down, already knows they cannot fulfill. Therefore, the swarm actually turned out to be a pack of wasps.

Or I could just be making things up.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
have been so bored this winter

The December Solstice has arrived and gone and slowly the photoperiod will lengthen

It may be time to invest in nail gun if you are hand nailing the equipment.
Plastic frames give you a lot of released time for other details in life.:D
Some people are influenced by the lack of sun shine at this time of year.
So, get some exposure to direct sub rays.
Ernie

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the bee blues too. I don't mind working on the equipment but I enjoy working my bees a whole lot more.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some of you may know this but I didn;t so I will through it out here.Most of the major tool companies sell reconditioned tools with a new guarntee.for less.(Roybi,Porter Cable,Dewalt,Milwalkee)Air nailers included

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
all i can say is i am jealous of your question. if you were here you could...help me put together a couple bids for jobs in the spring, or bring in the 3 more cords of firewood i will burn, or cut up the deer in the garage that has been frozen solid for a month, or figure out why my wifes car is running funny, or help my neigbor get my oil pan back on my firewood/work truck, or finish drywalling the basement, or finish our bathroom, or finish the greenhouse,or repair hive bodies, and treat all the brood wax,well i guess thats not such a bad list after all.i imagine lots more will pile up as i am doing those things between now and when the ground decides to thaw. justin

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You could take a vacation to someplace warm. But the dream :scratch: Sigmund Freud would say it’s got something to do with your mother. :lpf:

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Now is a good time to develop good/better management strategies for the coming year. What went wrong that you can control, or not as good as you would have liked? Study your inefficiencies from last year, and try to find ways of improving. What went right in your operation? Find ways of capitalizing even more on what works best for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i miss my bees too :(
i was lucky enough to see them a few days ago...the weather was mild so a few of them were flying around
(unfortnatly a wasp also took advantage of the weather and made it into my room...)

this winter i'm restocking for spring of course, and there are some great books about bees out there if your a reader :)

ice skating is great :D not to mention building snowmen :) for the kids at heart like me

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've made up some simple 4 frame nucs that I'm going to use for catching swarms out of some scrap plywood that I had laying around.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Talk about boring? I'm so glad I have football to watch, as I install those brass eyelets in 1600 deep frame ends... that's 12,800 eyelets... sure am glad I'm not commercial! :lpf:
Regards,
Steven

1 - 19 of 19 Posts