Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

what Bee Magazine do you get

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I find little tidbits of knowledge from both. If I got only one it would take me over twice as long to learn the same amount of stuff that I currently learn.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enjoy reading both both are great wealths of knowlege.

·
Registered
433 Posts
bee culture tends to be more doom and gloom in my view. but have improved the publication with a new insert of more peer reviewed articles. You know the stuff thats real science not the backyard hocus pocus we find on here alot.

anyhow the amercian bee journal has some great columns with randy oliver a frequent contributor and larry connor and jerry hayes.

i would reccomend buying them both as its not that expensive, you can save the value of both mags by what you learn in one issue.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I was able to pick up a bunch of old copies of both of these magazines from a bee place last year for free. Heck, there's a couple of years that I have the entire year for, I think the first complete year was like 1992 of ABJ. After reading them both over the winter, I really felt more drawn to BC, but decided to subscribe to both anyway since I am alway willing to read about bees. So with 4 magazines coming in, that I look forward to, 50% of them are about bees. My Diesel Power and Sport Rider mags will just have to sit on the shelf for a little while when they show up.

Craig

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just got my first copy of both. ABJ and Bee Culture. They are like Lays potato chips. You can't get just one. You won't be sorry if you get both!!!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts