Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

So here I am thinking of next season. This was my first year and it is VERY addicting.

Next year I am going to experiment with nucs. So I am going to make polystyrine single nucs. Also I am going to try running a single deep hive and splitting into two nucs in early august. Then build them up to double nucs.

SO....What are you going to do different or try next year?

·
Registered
355 Posts
i plan on feeding global patties early to boost populations. splitting my four hives and getting up to ten hives. i am only going foundationless regressing my bees. i also am going to try and get some survivour queens and raise a few of my own queens.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm getting my wooden ware built over the winter when its nice and cool rather than cutting 100 boxes in 98 degree weather.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I will pull all honey supers early Sept. Who cares about the late fall flow. Let the bees have it and get the mite treatment on.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i will be getting patties on as soon as it's warm enough to open hives, get 1/1 syrup on every hive as soon as the low temps allow, and feed until they all swarm, i hope not, i will get yj traps out early july, i will pull supers as they are capped, i hope you all will remind me of this in july when i am scrambling with other stuff. i will feed splits, and not split late. i am going to bt. all my unused brood frames and parrafin dip all unused boxes by the end of april. promises promises

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I'm running all 8 frame deeps. I'm very seriously considering building some 8 frame mediums and start using a single deep on bottom with mediums up from there. Will sell off some single 8 frame deep hives maybe as I slowly convert to all 8 frame mediums.

I'm changing out all wax and plastic and going to natural cell, in all boxes in all hives.

I'm going to be getting some good queen stock and raising queens to get VSH strains going through my hives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts