Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check a couple of my swarm traps and rebait them after the rain but we I opened 2 of them they were full of little bugs that looked like crickets? The traps are 6-7 up in trees so kinda suprised to find crickets here? The 2nd trap was infested with them and covers with little black poop... Are these crickets or something else?

Attachments

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
1,186 Posts
camel crickets, I call them cave crickets.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay they jumped like crickets but suprised so high up and they pooped all over the inside of the trap and frames.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They should effect the swarm trap correct?? The bees will clear them out if they decided to move in right???

·
Registered
779 Posts
Dude, maybe you caught some cricket swarms!

Seriously I'd clean them out. Might deter a swarm.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, maybe you caught some cricket swarms!

Seriously I'd clean them out. Might deter a swarm.
Lol that was good.... Just my luck I caught crickets....

I did clean out and rebait the 2 but they were a mile apart.... I bet I will find the same in my other traps which might explain the lack of activity in the traps.... I got one swarm hit out of 9 and then crickets!!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I pulled all my traps today and rebaited them and it looks like those were the only two infested with the crickets but one of my traps had 5-6 potato bugs??? Not sure how a potato bug gets 7 feet in the air ??? I was expecting spiders, wasp and maybe birds but not crickets and potato bugs... Nature is interesting....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts