Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check my hives before work this morning and noticed a swarm in a tree on my way to the apiary. I drove my van under the branch, shimmied up on the roof with a large bucket and lid, shook them into the bucket and started a new hive just after breakfast.

Then, I tried to return to my apiary, and saw what looked like a swarm in another tree. Sure enough, and it was a big one. Same routine, hive #2 for today.

Then, I looked inside one hive and saw some queen cells. I started a Nuc with a few frames and then finally went to work.

What a rush for a Thursday morning. Anyone else ever find two swarms in one day or am I the luckiest joker on this site?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow, some big fun to start your day! Congrats. I'm sure many people have collected more than one swarm in a day after being notified of them, but to actually find two yourself is pretty darn cool.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Downthehill...I hate you! :D

Sounds like the start to a perfect day! I wouldn't mind a day like that at all. After capping a swarm almost 2 weeks ago, I'm going thru withdrawls, when's the next call gonna come???

Craig

·
Registered
196 Posts
"..and saw some queen cells? "
Busy morning but it seems these may have actually been your own bees that swarmed! No matter whose they were - you have three more hives than yesterday :)

Nothing draws out better comb than a swarm on sugar water!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts