Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well things are doing well. Have 2 new nucs and a package and all seem to be building up fine. 2 hives that made it through the winter have 4 shallow supers of honey on each one. Tomorrow I plan on extracting 3 of the 4 on each hive. Should I just put the 3 wet supers back on each hive or should I put them above the inner cover and let the bees clean them up. This is new, but great!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Put them over the inner cover. They will have them cleaned in a day or two. Do this at dusk or very early in the morning. Putting on wet supers during the day can/will cause robbing.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If you still have honey flows coming put them directly on the hives. Bees will refill wet supers much faster than dry ones. What ever way you decide to put them on make sure the boxes are sealed up good so you don't have access points for robbers other than the main entrance and maybe a small upper.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I put my frames back on wet after my very first extraction. The frames are cleaned up, reinforced and they have already refilled 2 of them and capped one of the 2.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts