Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone here from western oregon? I am in my third year and have two dozen really strong hives but crimson clover is knackered and blackberries are almost gone too. Is there any nectar flow from anything in July and August?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I am an hour east of you, and there is not much after the blackberry in mass. I have had some clover fields turned to silage early and they are just starting to re-bloom.
You will not see much fireweed unless you find some logging operation or a good burn. They are tearing up the entire coast range so you may find some.
For the most part we are going to see some Hawk weed, (false dandelion), daisy, Tansy. Honey is going to go from dark to real dark as most of what they have is not a good source. They changed the weather forecast to chance of showers all week, this will put another bloom to the raspberries and lawn clovers.
As with most of these things you may luck out and have a lavender farm, borage or an alpha field that proves me wrong.

·
Registered
137 Posts
All I've got at the moment is lavendar really; roses are getting a little attention although it's mostly the bumbles working them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts