Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any useful links to sources of information concerning Welsh (sometimes called British) Black Bees, please? I'm hoping to set up a couple of hives in Wales, UK at some point in the future and am keen to use native Black Bees, partly due to the suitability of climate, and partly because they were nearly made extinct during the last centuary. I've done some searches on the net but, not being a beekeeper myself, I am finding it difficult to pick the search string most relevant. I'm looking for general information as well as suppliers and existing hive keepers.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

The bibba website was were I ended up after following Michaels search string suggestion. There's some good general information there, as well as some nice pictures of the bees themselves. They look quite macho, but everything I've read so far seems to suggest they have a gentle temprement. I'm hoping at some point to set up a top bar hive stocked with Black Bees with the goal of having the mellowest swarm in Wales.

Shiner - do have a contact for a group in Mid Wales? I'll check Yellow Pages when I'm next back in Wales, and in the meantime, will continue to trawl the web.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts