Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm out on my porch grilling burgs for the family near my hives and me and my younger relatives hear this clink thump noise. Something fell on my wood porch. One person bent over and picked up a metal item that looks like a small chess piece, the knight. It either fell from trees above my house or the sky. Either way it's weird. It's very very strange. At first I thought it fell from my grill but that seems unlikely.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
The Gods must be crazy

·
Super Moderator
11,067 Posts
> The Gods must be crazy

More on the chess board in the sky here:
:)

This situation is analogous to a game of chess played by High Beings in the spiritual realm, while we human beings are only chess pieces on the board.

Earth is a chess board with its chess pieces from the Sky,
Man is a creation of Yin and Yang;

http://www.tbsn.org/english2/article.php?id=219

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
One time I was at my work, in the office of a secretary. We both heard a soft thunk sort of sound. I looked down on the floor, and about three feet away from me there was a crappie jig on the floor. I fish for crappie with jigs, but this crappie jig did not look like anything that I had ever owned. She was married to guy who had crappie jigs, but she did not fish and it was too far from her. There was nobody else in the room, and I don't think anybody else who worked there even fished.

I picked it up, and we were both just completely and utterly amazed and confused. We argued about who would keep the "magic crappie jig," and she won. She kept it in her desk for several years until she moved to a new job. I suspect she still has it.

To this day, I have no explanation for where that crappie jig came from. I think somebody's line must of have broken in an alternative universe and it flew into ours.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
I was working on a lawn mower outside the shop and as I made a trip inside for another tool I returned just as a crow was making off with a 3/8 and 7/16 box end wrench. Their nest often has a cache of shiny and colorful little treasures.

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
I once had a cast iron skillet fall out of the clear blue right on my head. My new bride and I were the only ones around. I was watching the ballgame and she had just come in from pulling some weeds in the garden. I said "While you're up..." and, BANG! In the following 40 years I've never repeated those words and there has never been another mystery skillet.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My nearest neighbor is out of range for ordinary slingshot. Maybe water balloon launcher, maybe. Odds on having it fall on a small porch from a long ways away is highly unlikely. Making it through the growth is also unlikely. I like the crow theory, but no crows nest above. Maybe similar, though really a stretch.

I recall A show I watched once that had a blurb about how it rained fish somewhere in England. Maybe something similar happened to me. Like wind currents in the sky picking something up.

It's bizarre that is for sure.

Edit: getting hit on the head by an iron frying pan must hurt like all get out. She is lucky it didn't cause damage.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i got off the interstate close to home once and stopped at the stop sign at the bottom of the ramp. no cars were coming but right in the middle of the road in front of me was a decent size trout. i don't think it was flopping although that would be even better. i looked at it for a second, then stuck my head out the window and there was an osprey circling over head. clumsy fish hawks.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I was working on a lawn mower outside the shop and as I made a trip inside for another tool I returned just as a crow was making off with a 3/8 and 7/16 box end wrench. Their nest often has a cache of shiny and colorful little treasures.
There was a major scandal one summer at a cemetery a few years ago. Small American flags placed on the graves were disappearing. Who could be behind such a dreadfully unpatriotic and insensitive theft?

A couple of flag holidays produced the same result. Finally they found a nest full of them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a friend who lost his glasses outside one day. Looked everywhere and never found them. Later that fall, after the leaves fell off the trees he saw something glinting next to a squirrel nest in the tree above his house. It was his glasses.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
One time I was at my work, in the office of a secretary. We both heard a soft thunk sort of sound. I looked down on the floor, and about three feet away from me there was a crappie jig on the floor.
I picked it up, and we were both just completely and utterly amazed and confused. We argued about who would keep the "magic crappie jig," and she won.
To this day, I have no explanation for where that crappie jig came from. I think somebody's line must of have broken in an alternative universe and it flew into ours.
Neil, seen any little green men and UFO's lately? :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts