Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one strong hive and one realy week hive im going to put the weak hive on the strong using the paper method the problem is the weak hive has only four frames filled with honey and pollen ive been feeding them 2/1 but they dont seem to be filling the empty frames when i move them to the strong hive should i put a bee escape on and remove the frames or should i continue feed with hopes thell fill the remaining frames?

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question. Is there brood in the weak hive? The strong hive is still putting things away isn't it? How many boxes of honey and bees are there on the strong hive? My concern about combining in this weather is if there is brood int he weak hive it may get abandonded.

You might want to do the newspaper thing in the mornng with some slits in the paper and in late afternoon put the brood from the weak hive by the brood in the strong hive.

As far as the extra space it depends on if you want to feed the strong hive or if you want to just take the frames or let them rob them out.

It also depends on how strong the stong hive is. If you have empty frames in the strong hive you could swap them with full ones from the weak hive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts