Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the flowers around the house you would think that you would see honeybees, sadly to say there has not been one bee to bee seen. i am worried that if it was not for us bk's there would bee even less. this morning i set out a bucket full of comb with honey on, you know the kind you would put in a wax melter, well came home tonight to find not one bee or any other flying critter to be found on that. last year i can honestly say that there were honeybees on the flowers, this year sad to say not any. where are we going if this continues? just letting off a little steam, a famous author on this board, can't remember his name said "welcome to your new addiction" wow this is a very addicting hobby. beekeepers of America and around the world keep up the good work, this newly found hobby is very rewarding and fulfilling. cheers :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
yep, your right, bees seem to be on the down side nationally, but i have seen some wild bees come in to drink at my daughters little kiddy pool, thats what got me going in it, and your right its addictive, and i love it. i have never been much into plants or flowers, but knew what wild plants produce good fruit, but now every time i see a tree or plant i wonder if my bees would like it and do research on the plant. funny how that works out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.