Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the flowers around the house you would think that you would see honeybees, sadly to say there has not been one bee to bee seen. i am worried that if it was not for us bk's there would bee even less. this morning i set out a bucket full of comb with honey on, you know the kind you would put in a wax melter, well came home tonight to find not one bee or any other flying critter to be found on that. last year i can honestly say that there were honeybees on the flowers, this year sad to say not any. where are we going if this continues? just letting off a little steam, a famous author on this board, can't remember his name said "welcome to your new addiction" wow this is a very addicting hobby. beekeepers of America and around the world keep up the good work, this newly found hobby is very rewarding and fulfilling. cheers :)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Well based on all the swarm and cut out calls I have received this year, and I am only on one list, I would say around here things are looking up.;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
My yard is full of flowers and they are all over it. The salvia, squash, cantalope, butterfly weed, bee balm, hops, clover, and the rose of sharon are all seeing some action.

Later, John

·
Registered
170 Posts
yep, your right, bees seem to be on the down side nationally, but i have seen some wild bees come in to drink at my daughters little kiddy pool, thats what got me going in it, and your right its addictive, and i love it. i have never been much into plants or flowers, but knew what wild plants produce good fruit, but now every time i see a tree or plant i wonder if my bees would like it and do research on the plant. funny how that works out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts