Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Looks like quality work. Nice job. I should have done something productive, but too hot today. Sorry southern guys and gals. Don't know how you do it. J

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
So J, you never worked your bees in 100°+ weather? Never peeled a soaking wet with sweat bee jacket off your about to collapse body? Shame on you. Just worked my mentee's hives this evening. Temps were still 99° at 5pm. She had to sit in the a/c as she was starting to experience heat exhaustion. I got to finish performing an OAV treatment on her seven hives. We were out there for an hour and a half total including full inspections. Hat and jacket were soaked through. Thank God for beer.

·
Registered
30 hives
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So J, you never worked your bees in 100°+ weather? Never peeled a soaking wet with sweat bee jacket off your about to collapse body? Shame on you. Just worked my mentee's hives this evening. Temps were still 99° at 5pm. She had to sit in the a/c as she was starting to experience heat exhaustion. I got to finish performing an OAV treatment on her seven hives. We were out there for an hour and a half total including full inspections. Hat and jacket were soaked through. Thank God for beer.
I know what you mean here 98 building hive parts and paint out side paint was drying on the brush,But it was a good day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts