I did that yesterday, embedded some wire into wax foundation strips. Made the mistake of doing it on a hot afternoon, in my shop, so some stuck to the surface I was rolling on. I also ran off the wire a couple of times, and made a few holes, but I figure the bees will fix it. Don't worry about it too much, bee keeping is not an exact science. Mine did not come out perfect either, same as yours, either too much or not enough scattered here and there.
So long as the foundation stays put on the wires, all is well. I use a star wheel and don't worry about it too much, they will fix any holes. In fact if you don't have enough flow on, they will chew the ends off and make holes here and there themselves.
Only thing to really watch for is a wire standing proud of the comb any real distance. They tend to build around it, leaving a row or two of comb missing with the wire visible. It need to be at the bottom of the cells. More of an issue with nylon that steel, but it can happen with steel too.
Reminds me I need to make a better drill jig for making holes for wire in end bars, mine is sloppy and they aren't always close enough to the center line.
A forum community dedicated to beekeeping, bee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, honey production, health, behavior, hives, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!