Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying my hardest to get someone to take away a HUGE swarm I have in an inactive chimney, but haven't had any luck. There must be thousands of honey bees flying into a hole in the side of the chimney. Access is off a one story addition roof. I REALLY don't want to get an exterminator, but I may have to, as all the folks I've talked to so far do not want to come out. Anyone know anyone who would be interested ? [email protected] Thanks !! John

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Welcome, you have a real difficult mess inside a chimney. It would take some great ingenuity to get the comb out without destroying all the bees. I can understand why no one would want to remove them without compensation.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
John lives just down the road from Wixson Honey Inc, apparently, and he should go to them for recommendations of beekeepers. He should also be prepared to pay someone well for putting their life at risk to extract these bees. That, or forget about them. Being in an unused chimney, are they really a bother or a danger to the occupants of the house?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John lives just down the road from Wixson Honey Inc, apparently, and he should go to them for recommendations of beekeepers. He should also be prepared to pay someone well for putting their life at risk to extract these bees. That, or forget about them. Being in an unused chimney, are they really a bother or a danger to the occupants of the house?
Thanks for the hint....I emailed them. Believe me, extermination will be a last resort...and I'm willing to pay something to have someone take them away. My wife is very allergic to bee stings, so we need to get them out. I'm trying !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts