Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I fed my girls 1:1 water sugar and 15 Liter was left in my close plastic tank.

I put it in my storehouse (shaded) and the temprature inside can reach
in noon to 35 celcius (95 F).

Can i store it in these conditions for 3 weeks?

Thanks
Randi

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
I doubt it. Seems like it would ferment, if it hasn't already. Is sugar so expensive that you need to store it? If yes, you'd better refrigerate it or freeze it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Would suggest making what the girls need and be done. Or keep them separate until needed. By themselves, storage is easy.

What I'll do in the Spring is use some 1:1 sugar/water to spray on the fruit trees with flowers or other plants that need pollination. This will train them to reach out to certain areas early on.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Rand when ever I make syrup I mix 1 gram liquefied Thymol (1g Thymol x 3ml 90% alcohol) per 3.5 liter syrup.

This syrup can stay for month without getting mold and when feed to the bees it destroyed both kind of Nosema spores. No antibiotics like fumidil necessary.

Store it on a dark place; sunlight (UV) destroyed Thymol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice idea about the Thyme mix. I've been boiling my own Thyme sugar feed mix. I do this since I am not aware of anywhere I can get thyme oil to buy in Jamaica. Plus I also grow my own Thyme and Lemon balm, I also boil this with the mix to feed my bees. Been doing it for about 2 month now. But could some 1 tell me when do you stop feeding your bees. It rainy season here in Jamaica so a lot of blossoming plants abound, plus next to me is a open lot full of flowering plants one in particular called bees bush.
Here is some pics of this plant which is also a weed. If any one is familiar with this plant could I get its correct name?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts