Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need to wash your gloves after they are filled with stings? How long will the alarm scent stay on them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
:)I use a thin pair of gloves, they discourages but do not stop stings. Occasionally I rub a little Honey b Healthy on them and that seems to chillout the bees.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have never tried it but an old beek told me to dust gloves with baby powder it will mask the old alarm scent and bees seem to like it.
myself i just puff some smoke on my gloves before i open the hive this seems to work for me.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
When I do wash them, I just use dishwasher detergent. If they stiffen up, I rub a little neatsfoot oil into them. I rarely try to get them clean but after a while, you kind of have to at least get the major stuff off.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Smoke em...but if you do wash them DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER!!! Drip dry only.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I do wash them, I just use dishwasher detergent. If they stiffen up, I rub a little neatsfoot oil into them. I rarely try to get them clean but after a while, you kind of have to at least get the major stuff off.
I use dishwasher detergent also. I just fill up a pail with hot water and detergent and soak them in there for fifteen minutes. Then take them out and DRIP DRY(DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER):no: them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts