Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't want to pay $55 for a bucket strainer from big box bee companies, I ran across these two strainers from local walmart (I dislike going there).

Anyway, the prices for the Oneida was $14.97 and the farberware was $19.97. However it appears stainless, but I could not see stainless on the tags anywhere.

Both of them have extensions to fit over buckets. It appears the farberware one is much studier.

Does anyone use something like this (results, issues)?

IMG-20140805-00706.jpg

IMG-20140805-00705.jpg

·
Registered
695 Posts
If they are the vegetable strainer size I think they are they don't fit in a five gallon bucket.

They do work good though for straining into a large jar canning pot.

Don

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, didn't measure it. I did however go to the bakery and asked for used icing buckets, which were $1 each (purchased 5 of them). I'll go ahead and purchase this anyway and test with the icing buckets and 5 gallon and let folks know.

·
Registered
154 Posts
http://www.bushfarms.com/beesharvest.htm
About the middle of the page there is a double bucket strainer.
I made one a couple of weeks ago and it worked great. There was no standing over it waiting and watching just open the valve and do something else.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Don’t forget to look at Duda Energy. It is surprising what they have for bucket filters and chemicals. Amazon $6 +$3 shipping for the 100 micron I just got to super filter my fair entry honey.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The farberware one worked perfect for the 3 gallon "icing" buckets that walmart had. Very sturdy. For those that don't know, go to the deli at walmart and ask for the cake icing buckets. They ran $1 each here in Kentucky. I heard Kroger does the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts