Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I doubt it would pass and if it did it would surely lead to people just spraying the bees. No surprise she had a D next to her name definitely appropriate.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Someone needs to give her house a spray over with swarm commander !! Nope ma’am I don’t have enough education to remove them or enough insurance . :popcorn:

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to her Facebook page she will "not be moving this legislation forward this session." Looks like several TX beekeeper associations explained to her how bee removal really works.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I think the premise stemmed from issues being brought on by hack removals and AHB and probably snow balled out of control into needing to pass some legislation to try to set some standards.

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to her posting on her Facebook page, her motivation was to "protect honeybees by providing a licensed alternative to hiring an exterminator". I don't understand how someone can be so thoroughly unfamiliar with a topic and yet arrive at requirements of 160 hours of training and insurance coverage of $600k, but overall it does sound like she was trying to be helpful. Thankfully she stopped helping.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
What concerns me is why do morons think they can tell other people what to do and why do they end up in government.
Stupid people usually have lots of feelings and opinions instead of long experience, expertise, facts, logic, scientific background, or basic math skills. They LOVE a podium to get up to in front of an audience, spew opinions and feelings, the more emotional, the better. So they tend to end up in the news media, movies, teaching, and government. They often have a D listed right behind their name in government, although there are plenty of them with an R or other letters.

Seems that the legal age to vote is 21, it should be 42 to run for office, and there should be a math test. hahaha

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What concerns me is why do morons think they can tell other people what to do and why do they end up in government.
Well, technically, morons thinking they can tell other people what to do is how we ended up with governments and laws in the first place. We do need some of those laws, but that is still how it happened. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts