Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you tried one of these Vivo BEE-V004E 4/8 extractors.Since I just work to sell bees now days I dont use an extractor much like I used to but still need one.I need a new power unit for my Maxant 3100 but I can get one of these Vivo extractors for for over $100 cheaper than the power unit for Maxant and still have the Maxant to use as a storage or bottling tank.I see good reviews on the Vivo but would like to hear from some that actually have one and used it.They do have an upgraded basket that holds the frames for radial extraction.
Vivo1.jpg

·
Registered
623 Posts
I bought one. I used the motor to power an original Vivo manual extractor. I finally got around to trying that unit with a hand crank. All I’ll say is what a POS. On two of the legs the welds broke, the setup for using it in the radial configuration is to tight between frames, and the honey gate would not tighten down (and they replaced the first one). The amount of time it would take to make it a better quality piece of equipment would be minimal but China doesn’t give a crap. My first Vivo was a Cadillac compared to this one. This one is the Yugo of extractors. Save your money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts