Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Brushy Mountain catalogue has some new products; Vita Gold, a liquid bio-stimulant feed [for bees] based on the natural extracts of beets and molasses; Vita Green, a liquid supplement based on essential oils of walnut, thyme, and marjoram. They are from a Europe.

Are there any beekeepers familiar with these products; from Europe maybe? Do they work? They have other products called Api Go and Api Herb that are new to me. Are they just another "snake oil",. as Honey-Bee-Healthy has been characterized on Beesource on occasion?

Are these new products something you can put together with essential oils a lot cheaper, because they are very expensive?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying again: Doesn't anybody know about these products? They are listed as new in the catalogue.

From catalogue: "It leaves no residues and contains no antibiotics. It has been used in Europe for years to great reviews."

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Got their catalog a week or so ago and remember glancing over the products but don't know anything about them. Was wondering the same thing about "snake oil", but then I just went on and forgot about it.

I use HBH, it isn't "snake oil".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Emailed them when I saw it in Brushy asking what was the function of the various EOs in there- no response. Walnut oil, marjoram oil?? Puts me in the snake oil camp. On their website they talk about the amount of sodium ortho hydroxyl benzoate in the extract but reading up in that doesn't seem like something I want in my hives.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was visiting my local dealer today and he got a phone call from a distrutor about this product. The dealer said he has heard nothing but good things about the product. I will wait and see for myself. However I am interested in finding more info myself

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
HBH is a feed stimulant. Put out some SW and some SW w/ HBH some distance apart. See which one the go to first/most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts