Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find this in the posts but had no luck. I have two hives that were queenless. One from a swarm and the other was a split I made trying to prevent the swarm :rolleyes: I had capped swarm cells for each hive so I just let nature take it's course. Both hives are booming with bees and they are bringing in nectar and pollen like crazy. Just the other day I found a queen in each hive! Had to go back twice in one hive just to make sure it really was a queen. Now, how long should I wait before I check again to see if they have mated and are laying eggs? I don't have a clue as to when they emerged. So a rough estimate is what I'm hoping for, I don't want to keep cracking the hive open to peek but I'm dying too :eek: FYI I caught the swarm and my old queen.

·
Registered
963 Posts
From hatch to mature to mate is 5-7 days weather permiting mating and after mating in about 3-4 days they start to lay so give them about 2 weeks and you should fing some brood

But I have seen when there is a strong flow on and lots of necture coming in it could take a little longer to find brood up to 3 weeks from hatching of the queen cell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts