Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a video cam the other day and wanted to do some cooking tutorials. So this morning I made a 6 minute video and it is 329 mb and is a .mov.

I would like to post this to the web (you tube) but I know the file size is too big. How do I make it smaller?

And for video editing, can anyone recomend a program? I would like to be able to cut a little off at the end and begining and maybe be able to add pop ups as the video is playing.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Chef

definitely learn to use the software that came with the camera first
it's intended to be easy to use and will likely do whatever you want to do
first, you need to move the video from the camera to your computer
read the instructions that came with it and see if you can figure that out then post back here. it's not hard once you see how the process goes

Dave

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
surely it can trim the beginning and end and insert text snippets where you want. can you do the trimming part? the text popups are probably called titles. are you using what came with it or the one from microsoft?

certainly don't pay for anything
stuff from corel isn't top of the line but it's pretty good and you can download free trial versions
http://www.ulead.com/runme.htm

Dave

[edit]here's a thought, get the program on your screen then push the "print screen" button on you keyboard
then go open the paint program that comes with windows and click paste under the edit menu
this will give us a screenshot we can both see
post it on photobucket

·
Registered
227 Posts
see the split button there - thats how you edit out stuff.
you kind of find the frame where to start the editing, press the split button, then pick the end frame, press the split button again - then delete all the stuff in between - its really easy stuff when you see how its done.
Come down to AUssie and bring the laptop - 10 minutes and you will be away :) got any 15 year olds, or computer nerd friends can help you out there??
I know your frustration - can relate to it, thats for sure - stick with it till you see how

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Chef

think about how they edited films in the old days
they shot a lot of film, took it into the "cutting room" and actually cut the film
with a razor blade and took the pieces and joined them back together with clear tape. doing this they took little pieces from all the film they shot and built up their final film.
with digital it works the same way. as Robbo said the icon that says split is used like the razor blade in the old days. after you cut it you can pick the piece you don't want and delete it.

do what Robbo said, go look at youtube
here's a list of tutorials
in this "a video is worth about a million words":)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=movie+maker+tutorial&search_type=&aq=0&oq=movie+maker

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts