Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not bad but a little explanation of what we are watching might be useful. For example, what is the young man doing at 2:15 of the second video? Is he marking the box with your brand or is he chiseling out a defect?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Luke - Good videos. Looks like your boys have the hang of things for sure.

Hobo - The spot you speak of in the video, he had a nail blow out and was punching it back down into the wood.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
For eas of gluing finger joints I have moved to a 1" chip brush and a dish with a lid. Or a 1 lb plastic coffee can. For me it is faster.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My boys have been busy assmebling supers over the winter. I thought I would shoot a quick video. Hopefully the link works, this was my first attempt with You Tube.

Luke

Nice job on the video.

I also like the jig, did you make it or is there somewhere I can buy one?

Paul

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I built this jig, and its a copy of a video I watched on the internet. It was very similar, but used lever clamps to square and tighten the box. I thought a screw clamp would be as fast, and apply more force, so thats what I built. If I can find a link to the other jig, i will share it, as I believe they do sell them.

Luke

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't know if you use them or not but if you go out to a dollar store and get yourself a silicone basting brush, you can use it for gluing and the glue will just break free of the brush without complications when you are done for the day and it dries, it works nice for spreading the glue around the joints.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if you use them or not but if you go out to a dollar store and get yourself a silicone basting brush, you can use it for gluing and the glue will just break free of the brush without complications when you are done for the day and it dries, it works nice for spreading the glue around the joints.
Thats sounds like a handy idea. Thx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts