Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year and my first harvest. I learned sooo much from this experience. Although I thought I read everything I could and reviewed all steps in my head 100 times, it's different when you actually do it! It was not pretty, but I managed to get more than 5 gallons from my one hive. It is very light colored honey. My questions have to do with the wet frames and my bees. I put the wet frames back on a super and near the hive for them to clean off since I have read of others doing this. What do I do next? Put everything back together for them to get ready for winter? Also, my bees were very agitated last night;lots of bearding even though I gave them plenty of room and ventilation. Will we ever be friends again now that I took their honey or are they preparing to leave me? Thanks for all the great help!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I too am getting ready for my first harvest and live in Bartlett, Illinois. I plan on putting on my bee escape Sunday.

How many supers did your bees fill?

Did you crush and strain?

Did you use a bee escape or bee quick/go?

I would also put a super on for the fall flow. We might get a good goldenrod flow in Illinois this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the help. My bees filled 2 supers. I used a fume board and Bee-Quick. I did use the crush and strain and was impressed by really how quick and easy that part of the process went. Overall, I learned so much from this experience; hopefully I'll get to go through it again soon! Now I have to figure out what to do with all the wax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.