Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Verizon takes over Alltel. What a joke with the piss poor service they are providing. Many people I know are being over charged by $100's of dollars each month for services that they had before the take over. Has anyone else been having these issues? I'm just venting while they have me on hold while I presently have no service. I've been on hold for 36 minutes now!!!!!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I gave up on waiting for someone to take my call after 55 min. of being on hold. Twice in the last month of trying to solve issues with them I have had a customer service rep just hang up on me. No yelling or verbal abuse from me to them, just asking questions of why calls don't come through, voicemail messages come days later as do text messages.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the most common problems I am hearing about is the extra shared plan phones. Verizon is billing them as seperate lines even though they were on the "shared plan". When you are under contract with them they bill you heavily for default of contract if you drop them as carrier. It seems to me they have the attitude of "who cares about the customer, lets overbill the heck out of them and line our pockets fast!" Another "scam" they are pulling is phones that were under the Alltel plan can't be transfered to the new verizon plan.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I"m completely unhappy with Verizon. Unfortunatley no one else has service in my area. I'm patiently waiting for any carrier to cover me besides them. I'll pay the cancellation fees, happily to jump ship, I'm sure I'd save the balance in a month or two.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
We are happy with Verizon have been for years best coverage of any we have heard of and its lots better than the first one we had.

Our son travels a lot and he has had several and Verizon has given him the best coverage, just my 2 ¢

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's why I'm with Verizon.. Actually used to be Alltel.. Alltel had customer service. Verizon does not. But still the plan is twice as expensive as anyone elses. Will not sell "smart phones" without data plan. so even if I wanted the phone for all its glory. I need to buy the data plans. If anyone else had coverage in the boonies where I live..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Im a big Verizon fan. Not for there prices but there service. ( not sure about costomer support) I got my cell phone , House phone, and the Fios package. with them. I really love the fios.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have verizon (work phone) and At&t (personal). I prefer the verizon although this past month I have had some problems with connections, voicemail, and call dropping. Hope they fix the probs soon.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I have Nextel. I wouldn’t change for the world. Coverage is horrible. Makes it harder for the wife to get a hold of me.

Just sayin……

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
calls don't come through, voicemail messages come days later as do text messages.
I've been having the same problems since Verizon took over my Alltel service. I went by the store and the rep did something in my phone to reset the links to the towers. She said I should do it twice a month since they are switching around towers. Unfortunately, I forgot the code to reset it. It's only been a few days, so I really don't know if it helped. Alltel was better.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Actually heaf you are somewhat correct in the "reset". A friend works in the cell industry and he reccomends that each day you turn off the cell then turn it back on. Something about updates sent through the towers will only upload to the phone when turned off/on, and they send updates daily. I was having a prob with my AT&T phone and they reccomended the same thing, no more dropped calls since I started doing this every morning. For the record it has not fixed my recent Verizon probs yet.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*228 and turning your phone off then on helps for phone signal. It does nothing to help with the PP customer service and the overbilling issues though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts