Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since changing hard drive I've lost my link to the material that Bill and others use for their Ventilated bee suits, will somebody please update me.
Thanks.
Gordon.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Was there anything special about the fabric? Do you know the mesh size?

There are dozens of websites that sell mesh fabric. You just need to know the specs.

Looks like the suit is made out of more than one type of frabric.

The three layers work out to be 1/8 if an inch thick. The outer most layer is a very small hole fishnet. This layer keeps the bee from putting her stinger through the larger middle layer. The middle layer is a pvc coated quarter quarter inch mesh with a thickness of 1/8 inch. These two layers puts a distance between bee and the beekeeper. What is the layer against the skin do? This layer is only to provide a slick surface between the rubbery middle layer and the beekeepers skin.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Since changing hard drive I've lost my link to the material that Bill and others use for their Ventilated bee suits, will somebody please update me.
Thanks.
Gordon.
I have a feeling that Bill wouldn't have published the source of his materials...

Being one who owns one of Bill's jackets I will tell you that it's made from three different materials: inner mesh, outer mesh (different weave from inner), and the ventilated spacer material.

A lot of us purchased Bill's jackets or suits, and some may agree when I say that your inquiry seems a little insensitive, coming so soon after his death.

But, you may not have been aware of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts