Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a veil that they really like and stands up to everyday use?
Over the past 14 years, I have gone through many veils... I have come to like just the stand-alone veils, not attached to a bee suit. But even they will get creased and a hole develop in the wire mesh.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I have been using Mann Lakes plastic hat with their mesh screen veils with elastic around the bottom, I then get my wife to sew 2 16" loops of elastic to the bottom for me to put my arms through and find they work fine until the binding on the edge of the mesh wears and the wire ends sticking through becomes a problem. When I visited Oldtimer in New Zealand I borrowed a straw hat with a veil attached that also had elastic loops and found it cool and comfortable however have not found them in the USA.
Johno

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I use tulle veils, wear a ball cap and collared shirt. Cheap, easy to use and carries well in your pocket. Lasts years but need to be careful not to burn with smoker.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dadant Tulle Veil.

Like anything, they changed their recipe a few years back and I don't think they are as high quality as they used to be, but still great. Find yourself a hat you like to wear and its all you need.

Easy enough to make yourself if you or someone you know is sewing machine inclined.

·
Registered
387 Posts
,I like this one from Kelley's. 190D_Hat_Veil_Combo_With_Drawstring.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts