11,801 Posts
Welcome to Beesource, Richard!

Here is the product page:

In my opinion, the claims made on that page are not credible. :oops:
Don't waste your money!

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Looks like about a dollars worth of OA and a 3 dollar laundry spritzer. Google oxalic acid dribble or spray for mites. Sure as heck not effective for a year!:rolleyes:

What Rader Sidetrack says!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good on you for asking, and not just grabbing a bottle. That product is not registered for use in the US for sure. The OA component is not as much an issue as whatever else is in the product.

It's come up before by the way: Stop varroa

The legal disclaimers list Ferber Enterprises as the guarantor. They're an investment company headquartered in the UAE (according to LinkedIn), and they don't list any of the products they've nurtured under their umbrella. There are no studies supporting the product's efficacy or claims. (Would oxalic acid even last that long, or would it degrade?)

It's very, very tempting to try a product that looks so easy to use to eradicate varroa. But right now, managing varroa is not a simple one-and-done. With IPM it can be made easier (for a hobbyist) if you work it into your regular beekeeping chores.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The maildrop address associated with this product --- 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes DE 19958 ( a "maildrop" run by Harvard Business Services). is the same "headquarters" cited by the scam that was marketing Flow Hives last month (under the nym "BeekeepersParadise.com" .

I chased the Stop Varroa product down to a youth and father in France last time it came up (the pair also markets a "rust treatment", a "radiator/head gasket stop-leak mixture, and a bed bug spray). However, there is a non-zero probability that the "Flow Hive" scamsters and "Ferber Enterprises" have links, as they both selected the same obscure "maildrop" service in Lewes, DE as a US address.

The father's name is Eric Ferber (who is a prominent large outdoor Corten steel sculptor in France), the son's name is Camille Ferber (with a FB profile indicating residency (perhaps stale) in Malta ( the sales company uses a Persian Gulf headquarters). The rust treatment is used to accelerate the rust on Corten steel (and hence an interest of the family). The former home of Eric Ferber in far-east Moselle region France (near Henriville) had visible beehives in Google Earth images. Since my original investigation Pere Ferber has moved to northwestern coastal Brittany (Paimpol). I believe the youth, Camille Ferber, remains the key figure, with his father only peripheral.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts