Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hived my 2 new hives may 6th. Had 8 of 10 medium frames drawn out in both june 4th. Have been feeding whole time. Added 2nd medium.My question,Will they be ok without feeding for 10 days while i'm on vacation.Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Sounds like they are strong enough to forge for themselves. You should have something blooming in your area.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Is the weather going to be good enough for them to forage? How much syrup do they have stored already? To be safe I would put a gallon of feed on them incase they may need it. I assume you have them on foundation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My bees would probably *love it* if I took a 10 day vacation. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have had to be in the hives a whole lot more than I wanted to be. Right now, I have a Russian queen being introduced into an Italian split, and another hive that may have just gone queenless, but I should be able to ignore the other two until 4th of July when they need to be checked for brood.

Doing a big cutout with another beek tomorrow, so that should keep me occupied for a little while. :p

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Nobody told you? Beekeepers can't take a vacation from March through July....it just isn't allowed! Sorrry but that's the rule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts