Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
I do not but I would suggest that you widen your search. The old Kelly wax melter that is basically a circular water jacket with a central cone for your cappings and honey to be warmed and separated is wonderful. Look in the kelley catalog if they still exist. You run them at a low temp like 110 degrees and most of the honey runs out undamaged. This year after i had extracted 60 some supers and I run 8 frames, I had three five gallon buckets full of hunks of clean wax and when you finally have to turn up the heat to melt out the last of the wax, about four gallons of darkened honey that still tastes pretty good.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Vance is right. I have the maxant wax melter and it does a good job of melting the cappings down and pouring out the wax although i have never yet gotten any usable honey back from it.
I mainly use it for warming 5 gallon pails of crystalized honey.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you get any moisture in the bucket when you place it in the wax melter? I will use it mostly for wax and to de-crystallize buckets. I am not concerned about extracting extra honey as I have a Jr. Spinner that does a great job at that.
THanks
Vance is right. I have the maxant wax melter and it does a good job of melting the cappings down and pouring out the wax although i have never yet gotten any usable honey back from it.
I mainly use it for warming 5 gallon pails of crystalized honey.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Do you get any moisture in the bucket when you place it in the wax melter? I will use it mostly for wax and to de-crystallize buckets. I am not concerned about extracting extra honey as I have a Jr. Spinner that does a great job at that.
THanks
yeah i use the maxant junior cappings spinner too...does a great job for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts