Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't filled the survey out yet that they sent me and this mourning a lady called me from the USDA and ask if i would answer the questions over the phone and i agreed.I answered all the question except the dollar amount that i sold, because it is in with my truck garden records (but seperate) and i haven't started working on TAXS yet. I told her i've had bees since the sixties and this is the first bee survey i ever had. she said their is alot of interest comming from the public and Gov. and the info is very valuble. I did tell her i sold my honey for $.00 a lb. on average. Anyone else get a phone call? Jack

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
There is a TON of interest coming from everywhere nowadays. How did they get your information?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never registerd my hives. I ask her how they knew i had bees, she said she didn't know but thought it was through bee clubs that were registered through the state.I ask bee club members last night at our meeting if any of them got a phone call or letter for a survey, none had? One question she ask was, do you have hives in other states. I don't but i do have them in three different counties in Mo.:scratch: Jack

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've never registerd my hives. I ask her how they knew i had bees, she said she didn't know but thought it was through bee clubs that were registered through the state.I ask bee club members last night at our meeting if any of them got a phone call or letter for a survey, none had? One question she ask was, do you have hives in other states. I don't but i do have them in three different counties in Mo.:scratch: Jack
Sure you weren't just being probed for price info by another beekeeper trying to undercut your prices for the markets you sell in? It just sounds really suspicious.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
No, this is a form (or use the web site) that I have received for several years. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. It said that if I hadn't filled it out by December 28 that someone would call and help me fill it out. It also says that is is voluntary.

They must not be too busy there because it isn't the 28th yet and I got my call today. I used the web site to fill out the info. They have many more studies than just honey bees. They send out this type of request to many types of agricultural producers. In fact on the web site, when you are finished it asks if you have more agricultural product info that you need to enter and you can go on to other studies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts