Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are not fortunate to have a honey house (such as I ) and extract in your home/garage, what do you put down on your floor while doing this? I use a large roll of Kraft paper and that seems to work fine (provided there are no major spills........ like the other day when the plastic screw on the honey gate broke! ..thank goodness I had a nearby bucket to dump the honey into)...

Just wondering what other folk use...........

Larry

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I started putting baking trays under my buckets. To catch the odd drip.
David

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
This year I have been using a shower curtin. It is easy to wash off. I noticed a few small holes in it after my last cleanup. I have thought about going with rosin paper from Lowes. But, I also have a couple of small, heavyweight tarps. I will probably use one of them.

It is nice being able to hose it off.

Tom

·
Registered
156 Posts
This year I have been using a shower curtin. It is easy to wash off. I noticed a few small holes in it after my last cleanup. I have thought about going with rosin paper from Lowes. But, I also have a couple of small, heavyweight tarps. I will probably use one of them.

It is nice being able to hose it off.

Tom
LOL you could always just hang it back in the shower.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Last year was the first year I extracted inside (previous year was in the garage, which is of the, shall we say, ventilated? type, so even closing the door doesn't keep the bees from looking for their lunch). Anyways, I put nothing down on the floor, and then my wife put ME down on the floor to clean it! This year I'm going to go with a canvas drop cloth. Non-slip, machine washable, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't put anything down...there is a floor drain and I simply turn the hose on.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It would be great if every room had a drain:) a friend has a stainless kitchen with an impervious floor with a drain. It also has a hose cupboard. After a big do they close up the cupboards and hose it down...ingenious!

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
Most inside kitchens have a vinyl floor. If not use a scrap piece of vinyl. Need some come get it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts