Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on an ultrabreeze suit. My old cotton unit from Kelleys has received the last sewing/patching from me. I hate to retire my old faithful suit but I think it has done it's part and should be spared any additional needle punctures and over bleaching.
My question has to do with the leg and arm lengths. I am 6'2" and I have an inseam of 34". This is not out of the ordinary but my arms ar 78" finger tip to finger tip which means that I always have sleeves that are too short. On my Kelley suit, which is an XL, I had a tailor sew on a pair of arm extensions with some elastic sewn into the cuffs which was a huge improvement from the factory arm size.
If anyone has an ultrabreeze with similar length arms I would like to know which size they ended up ordering. If anyone has the inseam for an XL I would be grateful for that as well. I have looked through all the posts here for this information as well as looking at all the sizing charts but I've not come across "real world" measurements.
Thanks

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Do you really want a full suit? R u planning on working bees in shorts? I find the half suit adequate for my needs and I work 500 hives. But when I have been in it for an hour when temps are 80 or 90 I feel as though that suit gains weight, water weight. And it's only really cool when there is a breeze. So, I'm just asking.

challenger, I am 6'3", no jokes about piling anything that high now, and I find the sleeve length of my XXL to be fine. Just right.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me, I'd rather not wear any suit. Up until this year I didn't wear a suit except for "emergencies". I am not a touchy feely beek that is "looking to be more in tune with my bees" by going without a suit in the past but they are just so hot to wear in SE NC. The main reason I wear a suit now is due to ticks. In my yards I have tons of them and I've received my fill of tick bites and have contracted tick borne illnesses. After fighting all last year with them I ddecided this year to wear a suit and I am down to maybe 5% of the ticks than years past. I don't want to start a long conversation about ticks so I'll just say I've decided to go with a full suit and vinyl boots.
Those sizes sound good. I guess an XXL is the choice although I hope it isn't too baggy.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fashion conscience? :)
Ha! Not in the least.
Sometimes a larger size creates loose areas (baggy) and this causes the material to grab and almost act like it is too tight. I don't want to spend that kind of coin and have it rip from getting stressed.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I wanted to call ultra breeze. I spent an hour searching and cannot find a phone number. What is the deal?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a full ultra breeze suit... I have little random tears from catching things in the yard and the odd burn mark from brushing the smoker. It's ~2 years old and looks like it's been through the war. I'm not gentle on my clothing, so for most people that should be a solid endorsement for the quality. I love it compared to my old canvas jacket, but it's not as tough as I'd like...

With that said, I'd buy the suit again. I'm just not sure if I'd go with the full suit or just a jacket. I'd probably do the jacket and wear jeans treated with Permethrin. I have some that I wash my turkey hunting clothes in and never see a tick while wearing them.

I still get the odd ball tick that find it's way into the ultrabreeze.

The inseam on my large suit is a little short, at least when you get the pants riding up from the boots/clothing.. I wish the arms were about an inch or two longer. They tend to pull up just shy of my wrist. They don't have the strap that attaches to your thumb. They have a velcro cuff. I wear 12" nitrile gloves with working the bees, so it's not bad to have it ride up a little.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I live in Florida where it's really hot. I got the full suit and wear just my underwear under it. That said, If I had to do it over, I would get just the jacket. I may still get the jacket as there are many times I'm going to be in the yard for 10 min and save the full suit for deep intrusions that result in war...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for this information.
I am still looking for the phone number if anyone has it.
It seems like a mysterious business. There is no phone number or address on the website. I don't know of any website that wants to sell things that does not supply the address. I've gone through 2 hours of googling and looked at everything from Tulsa, OK business information to "Bill Samples" (the now deceased owner) and have come up with nothing.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just used the email address of [email protected] to ask my questions then placed my order through their website and paid with paypal.

I looked back through my emails and didn't find a phone number or address.

I did some internet research and will PM you the info, since I don't know if it's related to the "business".

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought a UB suit but found it to be in wrong proportion for me I am 5 11' and 250 lbs the problem was pulling in the crotch even just standing I bought a 2 xl which should have been right I am longer in the torso than legs and apparently that made the difference
if you are taller I would definitely by the 3 xl baggy is not bad helps keep bees away
returned the suit and bought just the jacket, could not be happier.
RE phone number there was not one however if you email them they will respond and if necessary call you.
I think they are too busy to be answering phone all day and still get product out , and I prefer it that way
they did reply to my emails even on weekend :) Stephanie was great to work with and I will definitely buy again when the time comes

did a bee removal last Friday had to cut some 1 x 6 boards with jig saw to gain access, bees do not like vibrating their home, must have had 20,000 ( or more) bees in air and all over me, got stung 3 times through my gloves but not through the UB jacket, fantastic product

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would suggest giving them an inseam measurement and see if they will make that for you. I am 5'10" and I have to wear 9" boots to keep my ankles from getting exposed. It's a great suit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts