Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice jacket, real quality all the way around. After I seen it I knew it was money well spent. Haven't used it since it's -10 here now but I know it will work perfect.

Thanks for a great product,

Eddie

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received my Ultra Breeze full suit a few weeks ago. It is very well made and comfortable. It is actually better made than I expected. I tried it indoors in the heat and it's extremely cool. I did some hive work on a recent day that it hit 60 and the suit just plain works well. I would tell any serious beekeeper to spend good money on this and get what you pay for......a very well made, cool and sting resistant suit that seems like it will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I absolutely love mine. Yesterday, when I went out to visit the girls to see if they needed fed, several came up to greet me with their enthusiasm.

They remained on the outside, while I remained on the inside and we parted as friends. Magnet-Man, this is a well made jacket and veil combination. Kudos....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I bought one a couple of years ago after getting tired of stings and sweat. Best purchase that I have made in quite a while. I have recommended this full bee suit to newbees and old-timers alike. Love it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
No better suit out there. Worth every penny. I wear the jacket without a shirt, and the breeze comes through to cool me quite nicely. I imagine you could wear the whole suit nekkid and get the same effect... everywhere.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
No better suit out there. Worth every penny. I wear the jacket without a shirt, and the breeze comes through to cool me quite nicely.
You must have nipples made of steel.
I purchased one of these jackets because I just can't take the heat. I also have a Golden Bee Suit but they placed the hood zipper off to one side which is irritating and they didn't offer a jacket (full suit only). I am looking forward to trying the Ultra - it looks really well made. I don't think shirtless will work for me, however, because the fabric can be a little scratchy. Maybe I will borrow the wife's sports bra :D Now that would be a scary sight.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
I love the ultra breeze, only problem I have with it, is the same problem I have had will all bee suits. when I forget to zip up the veil, it fills with bees.
I'm looking for a suit with one of those beeping horns, that beeps when you back up, so that I can attach it to the zipper to warn me when I get close to hives:D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wildbranch,

lol, Isn't that always the case. I too have put the jacket on, but forgotten to zip up the veil and then inevitably the kiss comes.

I can hardly wait until this summer comes so I can wear it. My problem is that I sweat so bad that I easily could squeeze water out of my previous canvasy jacket.

The Ultrabreeze is just so different in the materials used to construct it. You just know it will work.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I might have to send mine back to be altered. Ive lost weight! I havn't worn it for a while. Bill is it easy to take down in size?

JoeMcC

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Joe, they are not easy to take down a size and if memory serves me didn't I make a custom for you? Call the number on the label this weekend and we can discuss what can be done.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Joe, they are not easy to take down a size and if memory serves me didn't I make a custom for you? Call the number on the label this weekend and we can discuss what can be done.
I had one of the early customs but then changed to what I think is an XL. I will try it on and see just how big it is. It's been a while. I know for sure I will have to get a large size one of these days. 20 pounds more to go and I will be at goal.

:)

Joe

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
I don't think shirtless will work for me, however, because the fabric can be a little scratchy. Maybe I will borrow the wife's sports bra :D Now that would be a scary sight.
Make sure no one takes pix, or you will end up famous and plastered all over the internet.:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Bill, I tried the suit on... It should be good for a while. One problem... somehow a mouse got to it and chewed a hole in the veil! GRRRRRRRRR.

Anyway im going to try to sew it. If it doesn't work I might be in the market for a new veil.

JoeMcc

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I don't think shirtless will work for me, however, because the fabric can be a little scratchy.
Try band aids. :D I noticed the fabric mill was making the netting a bit stiffer with each order. The last order was so bad I didn't feel good about using it. I did order a custom run of the inner fabric that is softer than what has been used in the past. Same netting but just a softer feel.

Anybody want to purchase a 1,000 yards of netting?:(

1 - 20 of 52 Posts