Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to reproduce one for myself. Seeing I wasn't lucky and didn't get my order in before his untimely death. Need some feed back on what type of fabric it was. I am thinking it was like a swim suit Lining material. Or if someone is close to Toledo I would like to look at it. And yes I would just buy one if I could.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received an e-mail from Stephanie at Ultabreeze on Aug 9th that they plan on accepting orders soon.

Chigger

·
Registered
413 Posts
Apparently Golden Bee will begin offering a Jackket only version soon too.

I spoke with Susie about a month ago, and she said there's been a lot of interest, so "Sometime in the Fall" the jackets will be available.

Cheers,
TP

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chiggerbait thank I real didn't want to reinvent the wheel but with everything I had read I know what I wanted. If you here anything more please let me know.
David

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
The Ultra-Breeze is 3 fabric layers. The outer layers are a fine mesh. The inner layer is a thick, large mesh of some foam type of material.

·
Registered
22 Posts
David,

Will let you know. I responded to her that I wanted a jacket but have not heard back. I'm assuming they will activate the website when ready.

Chigger

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a up date. Had a real nice meeting with Country boy at Ron's Householder place the other night. For the interest of the group here is what I figure out. Top layer is a fair small mesh. Center looks like The canvas from hook rug canvas. The inside is a med mesh. Country boy try burning his suit at one time and found out it is a more cotton blend than anything else. I have no Idea why someone would like to burn such a fine suit :D Now the quest to find the materials.
My-smokepole

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
I didn't intentionally try to burn it. I was loading a bee blower on the truck, and accidentally put the cuff on the hot muffler for a moment.

It's good to know the suit can handle those kinds of oops moments.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
The middle "spacer" fabric looks to be the same foam material that is used as non-skid under throw rugs. I saw some about eight weeks ago in a carpet store...

And in my opinion, the inner and outer meshes are more synthetic than natural fiber.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dang, where was this suit yesterday? I did a wall extraction for some people that couldn't wait til the spring...5 gallons of bees and 5 stings later, I was done. Three of the stings were thru the gloves on my left little finger. One on the same hand but index finger. I know that this suit wouldn't have helped much on those 4, but it was the one in the bicep that hurt. :pinch: The fingers didn't even know it was there just minutes later. The bicep was tender for an hour or 2.

C2

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Looking to reproduce one for myself.
Besides the carpet non-skid foam, you need the mesh; try a search for "bag mesh" or netting.

You can buy it at Sailrite

http://www.sailrite.com/

Visit their site... click on "Fabrics"
Choose " Mesh & Netting"
Click "more" under "Color"
Click "Whites"

Item # 100562 looks very close.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't posted pictures of their suit. I'll do it unless someone beats me to it...

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Bees can still sting through an Ultra Breeze. I have been stung through the jacket once in two years. I was carrying a plugged out super, and it compressed the jacket enough that a bee could sting through the suit and nail me in the belly.

I often go shirtless and just wear my Ultra Breeze jacket. I do get a few stings from bees getting in under the bottom of the jacket. If you are doing much, it can pull above your beltline, and when you pull it back down sometimes bees get in.

And sometimes you will realize there is a bee inside your hood, and you will be wondering how it got in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts