Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Appeal to America beekeepers for help to restore my apiary. I have added the record on this issue a few weeks ago, but posts
were removed. It is certainly understandable that were removed in order to prevent fraud. My Son talked about it with the moderators of the forum and they promised to look for my posts. Many thanks to them.
So, I am writing to all indifferent, because no more hope.

I am a resident of the south-eastern region of Ukraine.
Summer fire inflicted irreparable damage to my apiary. I ask to respond all concerned and will take any help to restore the population of bees.

My Location Ukraine, City: Zaporizhzhya, Village Ulyanovka (Map) https://goo.gl/maps/vk7BL

Here my contacts([email protected])

Thank You.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi IgorUkr,
So sorry to hear about your loss. How many hives did you have? If you have a few hives left, you can split properly and maybe build back in a year or two. What type bees do you raise over there? That is a beautiful country!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to Bee Source!

Fraud for not, you have an issue to solve. What is the condition of your bee hives now?
If all are dead then you can buy more bees to start anew. If some are still surviving then
feed them like crazy to help them build up the hive population again. You have to locate the local beekeepers
in your country to get some bees too. And the best way for this is to do a net search and for international
bee sellers too. It is not hard to rebuild when you have the right bee connection. It is time to do a search to
find out what is available in your area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Forgive my bluntness but what do you want Igor? Miraculous, high-end expertise on how to rebuild your apiary (above what you already know or can get from local beekeepers) or a hand-out? If the later, how much do you want? Are we talking a few, dozens, or hundredths of hives that need replacing? You have to make a better case for yourself if you are to divert money otherwise destined to feeding rescued kids or puppies.

If you are healthy my friend get a job, rebuilt whatever you had lost and don't forget to donate some of your income when you recognize a worthy cause.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Forgive my bluntness but what do you want Igor? .... You have to make a better case for yourself if you are to divert money otherwise destined to feeding rescued kids or puppies.

If you are healthy my friend get a job, rebuilt whatever you had lost and don't forget to donate some of your income when you recognize a worthy cause.
Hi Mr. pomicultorul:)

For a gentleman that likes trees, works with trees, cultivates trees..as in fruit trees maybe...and more than likely bees too...a special soul I might add, isn't that a bit too harsh? Too combative?
Scam or not...fraud or not...they...the fine folks over there in Ukraine, are already at WAR. Ukraine... beautiful country. Very, very, fertile soils. Lots and lots of very good, fantastic beekeepers over there.
Great place to keep bees. Have you ever been to an Ukrainian farmers market? Just the honey and bee gear sections in those markets are a fabulous display of wonder.

Well, kind of like in Romania when it comes to farmers markets...Romania, also a very, very beautiful country. Fantastic history... very, very intriguing CULTURE. It is Sunday, here where I am at...Bucharest...evening time but still Sunday, yes?

I understand the Romanian people, are one day post-celebrating a remarkable event in their tumultuous history...Yes?
That day of 24th of January 1859? UNIFICATION...correct?
Those brave Romanian folks, that put their necks on the line at that time...long time ago for sure, but still...it's always someone else's WAR. Why be so combative? We should be looking for peaceful interactions.

All the best! Peace:)

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Agreed, AM!!!!!!
True or not...fraud or not! He probably felt awful for
losing all those hives. It is a desperate attempt to find a
possible solution. At least give him the benefit of a doubt.
Bee nice on BeeSource, o.k. For the bee fairy will blessed you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Your advice is absolutely true, but unfortunately in my country a completely different mentality of the population. Its hard to explain even to me as a person who was born here to see prices, all completely bureaucratic, government assistance should not expect, from farmers or beekeepers aid in the form of a bee families on credit or loan, this question can not even go. I will try explain why I turned abroad. Apiary burned, a claim for damages is not no one to show your, though many witnesses and all know who did it. Even if i try to defend their right, I will have to shell out a minimum amount exceeding twice the value of the burnt apiary. And in general goes a vicious circle. This was the only source of income for my family and simply gives up something to begin anew. Only reason I started looking for help to restore the apiary is only for the sake of my family.
Sorry for the outpouring of the soul but I write this way.

Thank You!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
O.k. then. Do a search here on bee lining.
Surely you can locate a good place to do some bee trapping this season.
And rebuild your bee equipments too. There is a section here to build bee gears as well.
Salvage lumbers for your hives and frames too. Try to locate free lumbers or panels for your
hives. Ask your bee friends there for a bee loan program to rebuild your hives. Put some hives
closer to home and some far far away to hide them from being vandalize the next time. If they do it
once they will do it again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is good advice Beepro. It is always a good idea to have them in different locations. You can hide bees in a lawnmower shed. We had a friend in the city of Atlanta years ago who had two hives that no one ever knew about. LOL I feel your best bet, IgorUkr, is to trap bees, like Beepro said, and then hide them in many locations. There may be relief programs for Ukraine from western nations. I'm not sure.
I strongly suspect sabatoge to the agricultural output of that great country. We all know from where. It happened before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts