Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They seem to be everywhere... IMG_20140501_190257_066.jpg

And if it's wax, I'm going to need to have a seriously talk with my girls.....

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Possibly they are making diamonds? Naw, it is unused dropped flakes of wax I believe. If it is not that, I dunno.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly they are making diamonds? Naw, it is unused dropped flakes of wax I believe. If it is not that, I dunno.
I was afraid of that.... which brings me to another post I have on here.. WHY AREN'T THEY BUILDING COMB!? It's obvious they have the wax!!!! grrrr.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Wax scales. They run between clear and white. They chew them and mix some silver colored saliva with it to make that soft initial beeswax. After they are done constructing it they paint it with some yellow saliva that makes it tough and hard...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[QUOTE And if it's wax, I'm going to need to have a seriously talk with my girls.....
bring your hive smoker...[/QUOTE]

so far, I've never used it. They've been quite docile with me, but that's also probably because they have no brood to defend... After the heat wave yesterday, my girls split themselves up into three clumps. One on top, one inside, and one underneath.... they never got back together inside the hive, so I'm pretty sure they are queenelss at this point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts