Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
That looks like last week and this week here. I also have a split queen due for mating and have been concerned about her progress. I guess we'll know shortly. :(

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the bright side is my only other colony whom I thought was queenless would have been flying today as well because I dropped frames of larva in both of them at the same time but when I went to check cells I found a laying queen in it, so all hope is not lost LOL

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I would think she will find the time, Good Luck. Im on the verge of being willing to trade a queen for rain!!. Our forecast looks like Full Sun, High Humidity, Dead grass, wilting clover. Has been like that for a month.:waiting:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well we didn't get any real hard rain till just now I checked on them about noon today and found a very fat pretty looking queen and a couple frames of eggs, the odd thing is the queen was a very typical looking " Italian" and the frame of eggs I gave them to raise a queen from was from very dark carniolians. Every queen that the guy I got the eggs from is black as can be. So this leads me to a new question, some of the workers produced by his bees have more of an Italian coloring due to his carni queens mating with Italian drones in the area I assume .

So since I dropped these larva into a formallly Italian colony do you think they could tell which ones were Italian sired and purposely chose that one ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts