Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was week two after my first package install. All 8 frames I used had drawn comb and after the first week there was already larvae in many the middle frames. I went back today and all the frames except the outer one on each side had bees, brood, honey and or pollen. I went ahead and added another box of 8 frames on top. Only one of these had drawn comb and the others had foundation. I tried a couple frames a friend gave me with no foundation and just fishing line strung across. Anyway here are a couple pictures I took, not the best but I was trying to hold the frame and take pics by myself.

Anything look concerning to you old pro's???

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started off feeding with an entrance feeder. Only reason I did was because it was in the 50's the first couple days and called for rain. My hive is at a large apple orchard across from my house so there is tons of "food" available for them. The first two days they drank a pint jar of sugar water. I added a 2nd and they only drank about half of it in the next couple days. After the first week I emptied the feeder.

The frames I added in the 2nd box only have 1 with drawn comb so I know that will slow things up a little. However I am hoping my population takes off over the next 3-4 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts