Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read in some very old bee books that by running a two queen beehive for cut comb is a very high proction for cut comb, i hope mr bush you can coment on this for me, i have a country store and we sell beehive equipment and i like finding new ideas for my custermers, i also have a harvest box to get bees out of trees and i have had some good stock from that, it is always fun finding ways to help all beekeepers grow in New areas !

·
Registered
405 Posts
John,
Richard Taylor makes mention of his version of doing this...called double shook swarming. I've done the regular shook swarming to produce comb honey...and was very pleased with the results. One day I'll set things up to try double shook swarming when my circumstances are right. It is a 2 queen procedure that he says yields a prodigious crop.
Read Taylors book "The Comb Honey Book" for specifics on equipment and procedures.
Barry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks barry
i have built a few two queen hives for display at my store and i have done about the same way you have but i am always trying to find better ways and to keep things fun thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts