Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I introduced 15 virgin queens in some two frame nucs a couple weeks ago. I have a bait hive that is about 250 yards away from the location of where these nucs were located. I noticed I had caught a swarm. About a week ago. Then just a couple days after that I was checking back in on the nucs because I had started seeing eggs in some of them. I got to this one and they were gone. No bees left in the nuc at all. They didnt get robbed. I had checked them about 4 days after introducing the virgin and she was in there doing well. So How often will a nuc with a virgin abscond like that? Also None of my hives have swarmed that i know of in this area. So either the swarm i caught in the bait hive is the Nuc with the virgin or a feral swarm. I still have not removed the swarm from the bait hive, but it is a small swarm. Ive watched the entrance and there is not that many bees coming and going. I think more than likely its my absconded nuc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So how often does this happen? How often do some of you more experienced guys see a nuc abscond like that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts