Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had pretty good luck getting mediums of plastic drawn out this year by putting them between the two deeps of strong colonies (though had to reverse when I found her laying only on the top). I'm extracting now, so wondering what you do about the winter prep. chems on all that new wax. Hoping only to go with Nosema meds, but you have to feed that in syrup, so it would get stored in the mediums. A problem even though it will get used for spring buildup? Otherwise, I'll stick with the two deeps and store the empty mediums. Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
406 Posts
The point would be moot. Where-ever they store it, it will probably be used over the winter or next spring. Maybe mark those mediums, if you are really worried about it, and use them primarily for brood. The biggest thing would be if next spring you pull a frame and move it up into a honey super, you don't want it to be one that still has sugar syrup in it from last fall. If you want to go to all mediums, wintering in them would be the easiest way to get there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts