Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions of some good tires for my one ton?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Firestone transforce AT. I went up a size to a 235/85/16 on my Chevy 1 ton. They fit in the wheel wells just fine but slowed down my odometer/speedometer a bit. They have been awesome tires

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
we had 4 komo tires rated E and the tread came off two. never again. goodyears are my prefference but had good luck with firestone. also we have had goosdyear from walmart. they worked good. they are made special by goodear in north carolina for walmart. If you try to cross reference the tire model only walmart comes up. I suspect walmart also has firestone make them special. as usual ya get what ya pay for. good luck ps only get E rated.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Although a set of free Transforce takeoffs severed us well, we just bought 4 B.F.Goodrich Mud terrain T?A's for the back of the 1 ton. Made in the U/S of A. With the limited annual mileage we put on, they should begin to crack before they are worn out.

Crazy Roland

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've had two sets of Toyo open country m/t's and their the best tire I've ever ran. Their a little pricey but you'll get your money back from them. If your more on the highway than the gravel they make a less aggressive tread that's quieter on the pavement.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
4 hours on the road? I would avoid the Goodrich Mud terrains if you are putting that many highway miles on. We just drove our 2WD 1 ton(with new mud terrains) through standing water on black dirt without problems. The Transforce would not even think of doing that.

Crazy Roland

1 - 11 of 11 Posts