Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a triangle bee escape with some used equipment and i'm going to try it out. i'm guessing the triangle faces down when placed under the honey? i'm getting ready to head to the yard now and just realized i'm not sure. Since i just have one, i'm gonna stack the supers on it and leave them until tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

You are correct. The hole faces up towards the supers you intend to harvest and the triangle faces down towards the brood nest. That way they go down through the hole and can't figure out how to get back up through the triangle.

Happy harvesting!
Michael

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i normally use bee quick on a fume board since it doesnt have that reeking stench of the others, but i used up the last i had helping another beek and the place i ordered it from has it on back order with an unknown delivery schedule. i tried several other places some folks here mentioned but the only place that had it was charging 2X the normal rate so i decided to try the escape instead.

i took the the supers and stacked them on the bee escape on top a screened bottom and put a telescoping cover on it. tape on any holes or gaps and strapped it all down tight just in case. not much honey this year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts