it depends on the situation, more than one way to do it
you need to go check it out and see what the deal is
in any case you'd want to wait another month or two to do it
you need more info, take pics and post them if you can
make sure they're honeybees
Two of the strongest colonies I have were removed from logs. I have one of those colonies in my yard here at the house. They were flying today and taking cleansing flights - we have 2 feet of snow on the ground, and about 37 degrees. Only 1 other hive was even thinking of flying.
guy finally called me. the hive is exposed on a limb. said the tree has fallen now. he thought the bees were dead and was gonna take the honey. but it is still full of bees though. said they were honey bees. said the comb was exposed. should I go get them? or still wait? it is raining here today
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to beekeeping, bee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, honey production, health, behavior, hives, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!