Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked to remove some bees from a wall in a house with out cutting or damaging the wall. I looked at it today and it appears that the bees are going into the wall through two holes.

I plan on blocking one hole and putting a piece of pvc in the other hole to get them using it to enter and leave the hive. I then plan on putting a screen cone over the pvc to prevent re-entry into the wall and a swarm trap over the pvc with frames in hope of keeping them in the swarm trap. Will this work, if not i am open to suggestions on how to do this with out damaging the wall. I have attached a picture though not real good, it shows the area I have to work with.

Wall Wood Sky Architecture Ceiling

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Looks like the wood siding is pretty rotten, a trap out will not work too good. They will just chew another entrance/exit through those rotten boards. I would just do a cut out by removing the rotten wood and let the home owner replace them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks like the wood siding is pretty rotten, a trap out will not work too good. They will just chew another entrance/exit through those rotten boards. I would just do a cut out by removing the rotten wood and let the home owner replace them.
This is good advice. That's how I would do it as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts